Don QuichotteMatinée "Rêve d'enfants" - Opéra Bastille
December 17th, 2017 - #revedenfants17
About Don Quichotte...
Ballet in one prologue and three acts
After Miguel de Cervantès (a few excerpts from the novel)
Inspired by the choreography of Marius Petipa, Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote is a veritable festival of dance, displaying the excellence of the soloists and the Corps de Ballet in a wide variety of ensembles and pas de deux. At the heart of the ballet, the lovers Kitri and Basilio use every ruse, from puppet shows to fake suicide, to see each other despite Kitri’s father’s opposition. Ultimately, after battling with windmills and encountering Cupid, Dulcinea and the Queen of the Dryads, it is the Chevalier de la Mancha who brings about the happy end. Flamboyant costumes with a Spanish air contribute to the brilliance of this joyful work.
- Rudolf Noureev Choreography and Director
- Marius Petipa After
- Ludwig Minkus Music
- John Lanchbery Arrangements
- Alexandre Beliaev Set Design
- Elena Rivkina Costume Design
- Philippe Albaric Lighting Design
Étoiles, Premiers Danseurs and Corps de Ballet,and participation of the students of the École de Danse
Paris Opera Orchestra
Since 1985, the Paris National Opera runs a program in aid of children in difficulty, offering children from community centers and children's homes a chance to attend an opera or ballet performance at the Palais Garnier or the Opéra Bastille and making a grant to the Paris Opera's educational program "Dix mois d'École et d'Opéra".
Brunch in the "Foyers Panoramiques" of the Bastille Opera
First part of the performance of " Don Quichotte"
Second part of the performance
Third part of the performance
End of the performance
- Optima € 300
- Category 1 € 250
- Category 2 € 200
- Category 3 € 150
- Catégorie 4 € 110
- Category 5 € 75
- Category 6_SOLD OUT € 50
- Category 7_SOLD OUT € 35
- Category 8 € 25
- Program € 12
- Brunch € 55
The surchage of price applicated to the ticket price is now considered as a donation, regarding the French law. The surchage amount entitles you to a tax deduction, of 66% reduction under the income tax, in a limit of 20% of the taxable income.
- Optima € 328,75 All tax included
- Category 1 € 278,75 All tax included
- Category 2 € 228,75 All tax included
- Brunch € 63,25 All tax included
You can make a donation* which will allow us to invite children and teenagers from community centers and children's homes, and which will contribute to fund the Paris Opera's educational program :
- Donor « Rêve d'enfants » up to 1 000€
- Benefactor « Rêve d'enfants » from 1 000€ to 3 000€
- Mécène « Rêve d'enfants » from 3 000€
* This donation entitles you to a tax deduction ( IR or ISF for French residents, specific dispositions for European or US residents).